Here is the url of a blog I’ve written listing some short, medium and long rides in the area: http://cyclingdr.blogspot.com/
I’ve tried to include the nicest roads I’ve ridden as well as the largest hills, but also some flatter routes. I’ve ridden every route I posted and many of the rides are the best days I’ve spent on my bike. Please enjoy!
Here is a quick summary of our meeting last thursday for those that missed it:
- The racing season for road cycling runs from beginning of March through end of May. Races occur at various colleges in the NE every weekend. For mrb/cyclocross see: http://collegiatecycling.org/eccc/wiki/index.php?n=Calendar.Current
- Club membership costs $30 and that gets you access to our indoor training equipment (rollers, trainers), reimbursements from the club, the opportunity to go on tentatively planned trips in the future and discounts from our sponsors.
- You don’t need to be a member to ride with us. You do need a working bicycle, helmet and a plan for dealing with a flat tire. We recommend bringing water and some extra layers for the fall chill.
- We’re going to order Cornell jerseys and bibs soon, Daniel is in contact with the supplier.
- We may have a trip to Whiteface Mt. some weekend this fall. We will probably spend spring break in NC near the Blue Ridge Parkway. Obviously still in planning.
- Come ride with us!
Here is our weekly schedule for riding this semester:
- Tuesday: fast, flatter group ride, around 40-50 miles at 18-20 mph. 5 pm at EHP. Led by David.
- Wednesday: Stadium runs with the XC Ski team. Meet at 5 pm under the home bleachers at Schoellkpf Stadium. Great cross-training!
- Thursday: Hilly medium paced ride, 16ish mph for 30-40 miles. Regroups at the top of hills. Led by Daniel, Jason and Jiahe. Meet at GWS at 5 pm.
- Friday: Easy no-drop group ride around 20 miles, whatever speed works for the group. Led by various club officers (those named above). Meet at GWS at 5 pm.
- Saturday: Fast pace-line ride, 70-80 miles around 20 mph. Time varies, usually in the am at GWS.
- Sunday: recreational group ride at 8 am. Led by Alex Dubro. Meet at GWS, about 2 hours long.
EHP means in the RiteAid parking at East Hill Plaza. GWS means behind Goldwin Smith Hall by the statue. Subscribe to the listserve to get the ride announcements along with cancellations/time or place changes.